Recent Awards
PayPal Donation

HTML Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skatmat
Guild Mother

re: COMBAT ROLEPLAY

Greetings, I'm back from Åland.

And I'm hereby introducing a simplified form of D&D (Dungeons & Dragons). If you are not familiar with D&D, here is a noobie tutorial http://imgur.com/gallery/TRVez

But we are going easier than that. The only reson why I want this D&D inspired thing is because of the combat. We will roll a die whenever attempting to do anything fighting related, to prevent powerplay. Correction, I will roll the die for you, as I am the RP officer, or the "DM". We will use only one type of die though, the d20. The last one in this chart, the lower orange one, https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

1 = critical fail

2-6 = near fail/weak sucess

7-11 = medium sucess

12-17 = strong sucess

18-19 = excellent sucess

20 = critical sucess

This above counts for both offence and defence. The attacker rolls for an attack, the defender rolls for a defence.

Example 1: Attacker rolls 20, defender rolls 1. The difference being 19, which would cause a critical hit, which essentially doubles the spell/attack effect.

Example 2: Attacker rolls 1, defender rolls 20. The difference being -19, which would cause a critical defence, leaving the attacker disarmed and breathless, possibly wounded.

PENALTIES

Depending on the scenario/state of the character, you may receive a penalty. If the character is drunk it may receive -1 to -3, depending on the level of intoxication. This counts for both offence and defence. If a character is faced with 3 opponents at once, the lone character will receive 1 penalty for each opponent, which would be -3 on all offence and defence rolls. Etc... These things can be discussed as we go along. (:

Jump to: