Latest Blog Posts
Recent Awards
PayPal Donation

HTML Widget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ped'zir
Whelp

re: Ta'agra Translator

do pal khajiit trevana (Good day Khajiit Friends)

I know looking through the forums this has been talked about in the past however I thought I would share this with any one that it interests.

during a slow day at work I was doing some additional research on khajiit lore and the native language when I came across a page named the ta'agra project. with lots of information about the language and the way it is spoken. it has also expanded and grown with fan created work and interpretations of the language making it very usable.

currently however there is no translator, and although this is something the team are planning on building it is currently unavailable. with over 700 words there is simply no way of learning it all overnight so i figured i would take it apon myself to create a very simple translator using the words and grammar from the site. 

I take no responsibility or ownership of the language, Ta'agra or fan created work I have simply put all of the data into a user friendly translator. The real thanks goes to bethesda/zenimax, the work started by Geckat at the Conlang Wikia and the team at Ta'agra Project.

this is by no means finished nor a replacement for what the Ta'agra project have planed and is merely something I put together in my spare time for a bit of fun. I do however wish to continue and improve it.

Take a look and see what you think

http://lingojam.com/Taagra

Dar-zhinski
Caravaneer

Ajo Kha'Jay Shir'liter (Bright Moons Comrade... one hopes)

This one has waited upon the completion of the Ta'aagra projects' 'translator' with excitement for some time, now it finds one of its' own guild has put its' paw to advancing this jajo irat (most important) work! Khajiit has done well, now perhaps all Khajiit can pur'Ta'aagra. There had been some talk of Khajiit meeting to have 'pur purely in our own language, maybe this is now possible.

This one shall check-out Ped'zirs' 'translator' at the first opportunity... Moons, if it works... well, ancient Hebrew was revived with scarcely more in the way of resources to start from... (Khajiit dances-about the room in its' enthusiasm)

This one apologises for its' double-posting... but this translator does work splendidly. Khajiit should give thanks to Ped'zir for its' work. Simply pawing-about with this, Khajiit learnt several words it did not already know.

Now if only luddite-Khajiit can figure out a way to have this in some background-window, its' happiness would be complete. How can this be done?

Ped'zir is pleased that Khajiit likes its work and will continue to work hard translating our pur. As for getting translator to appear in game, this is something Ped'zir needs to look into! ja'fith pal ali'jer, trevan. 

Ra'Zakhar
Initiate

Hello everyone!  I'm Ra'Zakhar and I'm one of the lead designers on the Ta'agra Project.  Dar'Zhinski pointed me over this direction and I thought I'd come apply to the guild so I can say hello and chat with you all about Ta'agra.  My husband and I continue working on this project as time allows and we are extremely excited to see people enjoying our work.  I would be happy to answer any questions any of you may have about the language, and happy to discuss anything at all really!

We were both extremely excited to see that someone had actually gone ahead and started work on a translator!  That's absolutely phenomenal.  A translator is something we wanted to make for our project but it was going to be a long way down the road before we got there.  Thank you so much for taking the time to start working on that!

I'll try to keep an eye on these forums as best I can, but if you want to reach us directly you can also email us at taagraproject@gmail.com or visit http://www.taagra.com and post on our forums there as well.

If any of you are active on the North American server on ESO I can also be reached @RexFenris in game most days.

Ped'zir
Whelp

This one has to say, it is a pleasure to speak to you directly and thank you for sharing your fantastic Ta'agra project. I am pleased you like the translator, I was worried at first that I would offend somebody by creating it but I hope this is not the case. I hope to extend the translator in the future with your permission and help.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Va Khaj Dar Forum Index -> Lore Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: